The first HomeFront Day was held in the spring of 1988, as a way to help fill needs at home. In its first year, the HomeFront program completed 16 projects in Norwalk.
Since that time, the program has
- had more than 2,900 teams
- completed nearly 3,000 projects
- operated in close to 150 communities in 4 CT and 2 NY Counties
- delivered more than $40 million in donated products and services
- relied on the generosity of financial donors, tens of thousands of volunteers and the skills of countless building and remodeling trade professionals to deliver free home repairs to low-income homeowners
In January 2010, HomeFront became an independent program fully focused on expanding our response to housing needs close to home.